- A stratified random survey design was used to conduct a multispecies, fishery independent diver visual survey, for population-level abundance, density and size structure of more than 250 exploited and non-target fishes in the Florida coral reef ecosystem. The same survey design was also used to assess the benthic communities for population-level coral diversity, distribution, abundance, colony size, and condition. Data are collected through diving surveys of shallow-water (0-30 meters) areas throughout the Florida reef tract (Southeast Florida, Florida Keys, Tortugas)
- Coral demographics, percent cover, Diadema antillarum abundance, reef dependent fish species abundance
- Protocols for a specific sampling year can be found on NCEI within each archive package (identified by its unique accession number).
- Archived fish data can be downloaded in raw or analysis ready format, archived benthic data is available in analysis ready data only.
- Stationary Point Count (Fish), Belt transects and Line-Point Intercept transects (Benthics)
- Sampling has occurred in 2014, 2016, 2018. 2020 sampling occurred in Southeast Florida only due to COVID 19. Sample sizes vary by Florida subregion and year.
- Data Location
- The following link directs to the NCRMP project page: https://coastalscience.noaa.gov/project/national-coral-reef-monitoring-program-biological-socioeconomic/ . Links for fish and benthic sampling efforts archived with the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) can be found under "Products, Datasets, and Reports." This will allow you to download the entire archive as one zipped package.
- Data Format
- Coral/Coral Reef
- Recommended Citation
- See individual accessions for citations.
indicates priority attributes
Dr. Jeremiah Blondeau
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
|Coral/Coral Reef : Grazers and Reef Dependent Species, Percent Cover||Download File - Coral - 3022.txt|
|DIP Document||N/A||Download File - DIP|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Biscayne Bay, Biscayne Bay-Cape Florida to Monroe County Line, Coral ECA, Coupon Bight, Florida Keys NMS, Jensen Beach to Jupiter Inlet, Lignumvitae Key, Loxahatchee River-Lake Worth Creek
|Coral/Coral Reef - Community Composition|
|Coral/Coral Reef - Grazers and Reef Dependent Species|
|Coral/Coral Reef - Percent Cover|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||AnalysisReadyFish.zip||04/29/20 11:02 AM|
|Data||CoralDataPackages_2014_2016_2018.zip||06/11/20 09:13 AM|
|Data||FishDataPackages_2014_2016_2018.zip||06/05/20 09:42 AM|
|Logo||noaa.png||07/15/21 12:53 PM|
|Protocols||Data Download Process for NCREMP Data.docx||03/22/21 08:59 AM|
|Protocols||NCRMP BenthicAssessment Protocols 2019.pdf||04/29/20 11:02 AM|
|Protocols||NCRMP BenthicAssessment Protocols 2021.pdf||03/17/21 10:14 AM|
|Protocols||NCRMP CoralDemographic Protocol 2019.pdf||04/29/20 11:02 AM|
|Protocols||NCRMP CoralDemographic Protocol 2021.pdf||03/17/21 10:14 AM|
|Protocols||NCRMP RVC Protocol 2019.pdf||04/29/20 11:02 AM|
|Protocols||NCRMP RVC Protocol 2021.pdf||03/17/21 10:14 AM|
|Protocols||Smith et al 2011 Fish Res RVC design.pdf||08/22/18 02:07 PM|
|QA||NTOTFish.zip||05/18/20 05:20 PM|