- In 2003, 2008 and 2013, LRD staff mapped and assessed oyster reefs found in the NW and SW Forks of the Loxahatchee River. The 2003 and 2008 data sets characterize and quantify the baseline conditions, including temporal variability, prior to modification of freshwater inflows resulting from CERP and the Northwest Fort Restoration Plan. The 2013 data set reassesses the oyster habitat condition for change over time and followed a substantial Northwest Fork oyster restoration project in 2011. Note that only counts of oysters within three size bins (<5cm, 5-10cm and >10cm) are available in the 2003 data set, not individual specimen measurements.
- acreage (acres), density (oysters/m^2), shell height (counts of individuals <5cm, 5-10cm and >10cm in 2003 data set, individual measurements to nearest half cm for 2008 and 2013 data sets), percent live (% within 0.25m^2)
- Sample locations with coordinates outside of a managed area, but within 5m of a managed area boundary were considered within the managed area (and their corresponding points are shown within the managed area boundary on all SEACAR maps).
- Assessment of 2007-2008 Loxahatchee River Oyster Mapping and Recruitment Final Report
- Reefs larger than 1m^2 and containing more than five live oysters were mapped using a Trimble Pro XR. 1-5 randomly placed 0.25m^2 quads (# dependent on reef size) were sampled. Density and shell height (measured from umbo to opposite margin) of live and articulated dead oysters were measured.
- Data Location
- https://loxahatcheeriver.org/river/oyster/ ; https://loxahatcheeriver.org/?s=data
- Data Format
GIS Geodatabase; Excel
- Oyster/Oyster Reef
- Recommended Citation
- Loxahatchee River District. (2013). Loxahatchee River Oyster Mapping and Recruitment. Updated 12/06/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/4014.
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef : Density, Percent Live, Size Class||06/22/22 04:29 PM||Download File - Oyster - 4014.txt|
|DIP Document||N/A||Download File - DIP|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Loxahatchee River-Lake Worth Creek
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Density|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Acreage|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Percent Live|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Size Class|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||2008 NWF and SWF OY Point DB.xlsx||09/24/20 10:41 AM|
|Data||2008 SWF Oyster Data.zip||07/25/19 03:32 PM|
|Data||LRECD_Oyster Quadrat Data.zip||07/25/19 03:32 PM|
|GIS||2008OysterBeds.zip||12/18/18 10:01 AM|
|Logo||LRECD_Logo.png||07/25/19 03:32 PM|
|Protocols||ID_4014_LoxAppendix A.pdf||12/25/18 02:11 PM|
|Protocols||LRD_2003_OysterReport.pdf||07/25/19 03:32 PM|