- The Suwannee River Water Management District (SRWMD) is documenting the spatial distribution of oyster reef and habitat within the Suwannee Estuary system as part of the District’s Mininum Flows and Levels program for the Lower Suwannee River. AGRA Baymont, Inc. (Baymont) was contracted by SRWMD to complete fieldwork, photointerpretation, mapping, digital orthophotography and GIS in support of the Suwannee River Water Management District’s Suwannee Estuary Oyster Mapping Project. Baymont has completed and delivered to SRWMD a final ArcInfo coverage of the study area depicting oyster habitat within the Suwannee Estuary.
- Oyster habitat area (acres). Polygons categorized based on whether the habitat had live oysters or not and whether the polygon represented continuous oyster reef or multiple habitat patches (with oysters representing at least 75% of such polygon).
- Composite of multiple data and aerial image sources, 2001
- Aerial photointerpretation and field surveys used to map oyster habitat in the Suwannee Estuary. Modified FDOT Florida Land Use, Cover and Forms Classification System (FLUCCS) codes were applied to categorize habitat cover identified and the minimum mapping unit was 0.5 acres.
- Data Location
- Data Format
- Oyster/Oyster Reef
- SEACAR Citation
- Suwannee River Water Management District (SRWMD). (2001). Suwannee Estuary Oyster Habitat Mapping Project. Updated 04/22/2022. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/4025
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Big Bend Seagrasses
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Acreage|