- Oyster reef monitoring protocols associated with the Natural Resource Damage Assessment Trustees (NRDA) project will enhance and improve the oyster populations in Pensacola Bay, St. Andrews Bay, and Apalachicola Bay.
- Total number of live oysters, total number of dead oysters with articulated shells, shell height (mm) for 100 individuals per quadrat, cultch weight (kg)
- Assess success of restortation efforts of restored oyster reefs
- Provide data to stakeholders and managers to determine status of oyster populations.
- Restoration project monitoring. Boat positioned at pre-determined coordinates and transects extended out from the bow and port and starboard sides. Oysters collected to sediment level from five 0.25m^2 quadrats haphazardly placed along transects. Sample weight (kg), counts of live and dead oysters and shell height (to nearest mm) measured for first 100 live oysters per sample. Water temperature (deg. C), dissolved oxygen (mg/l), salinity (ppt) conductivity (uS/cm) and pH of surface and bottom waters were also measured at each location.
- Data Location
- In house & NRDA DIVER Portal
- Data Format
Excel, in house
- Oyster/Oyster Reef
- Recommended Citation
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP); Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection (RCP); Central Panhandle Aquatic Preserves. (2018). NRDA Oyster Cultch Recovery Project. Updated 10/06/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/4044.
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
|Water Column : Water Quality, Water Clarity||Download File - Discrete WQ - 4044.txt|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef : Density, Percent Live, Size Class||06/22/22 04:29 PM||Download File - Oyster - 4044.txt|
|DIP Document||N/A||Download File - DIP|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Apalachicola Bay, Apalachicola NERR, Yellow River Marsh
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Density|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Percent Live|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Size Class|