- NW, SW
- Water quality, oyster health and oyster body size collected in Charlotte Harbor and Apalachicola Bay. Water temperature (T) and salinity (S) are collected above the oyster reef at the time of the collection. (We have used mercury thermometers and YSI T/S meters for the collection of T and refractometers and YSI T/S meters for the determination of S.) We try to collect at least 10 oysters < 75mm and 10 oysters > 75 mm. Length is measured to the nearest mm.
- Juvenile and adult oyster percent infection, intensity and weighted prevalence of dermo infection; water temperature (deg. C); salinity (ppt); oyster body size (mm)
- Clarification from POC in 2020: There is no new data from Florida since 2016.
- To use eastern oyster, Crassostrea virginica, research and monitoring efforts to monitor the environmental health of estuaries along the Gulf of Mexico.
- Water temperature (T) and salinity (S) are collected above the oyster reef at the time of the collection. (Either mercury thermometers or YSI T/S meters used for the collection of T and refractometers or YSI T/S meters used for the determination of S.) Attempts made to collect at least 10 oysters < 75mm and 10 oysters > 75 mm. Length measured to the nearest mm.
- There are 21 regions, each with one to eleven stations, each station start and end date varies.
- Data Location
- By request from Thomas Soniat
- Data Format
- Water Column Oyster/Oyster Reef
- Recommended Citation
- Oyster Sentinel. (2016). Oyster Sentinel. Updated 08/10/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/456.
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Apalachicola Bay, Apalachicola NERR, Pine Island Sound
|Water Column - Water Quality|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Size Class|