- Oyster reef monitoring protocols associated with the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council (GCERC) grant. The objective of this Florida Oyster Cultch Project was to promote reef development for oysters by restoring existing oyster reef habitat that had been degraded, depleted, or reached its productive life span.
- Total number of live oysters, total number of dead oysters with articulated shells, shell height (mm) for 100 individuals per quadrat, cultch weight (kg)
- Assess success of restoration efforts of restored oyster reefs.
- Provide data to stakeholders and managers to determine status of oyster populations.
- Restoration project monitoring. Boat positioned at pre-determined coordinates and transects extended out from the bow and port and starboard sides. Oysters collected to sediment level from five 0.25m^2 quadrats haphazardly placed along transects. Sample weight (kg), counts of live and dead oysters and shell height (to nearest mm) measured for first 100 live oysters per sample. Water temperature (deg. C), dissolved oxygen (mg/l), salinity (ppt) and pH of surface and bottom waters were also measured at each location.
- Not sampled in 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Data Location
- By Request
- Data Format
Excel, in house
- Oyster/Oyster Reef
- Recommended Citation
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP); Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection (RCP); Central Panhandle Aquatic Preserves. (2019). RESTORE Oyster Cultch Recovery. Updated 10/06/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/5007.
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef : Density, Percent Live, Size Class||06/22/22 04:45 PM||Download File - Oyster - 5007.txt|
|DIP Document||N/A||Download File - DIP|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Apalachicola Bay, Apalachicola NERR
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Density|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Percent Live|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Size Class|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||Apalachicola RESTORE Monitoring Data Round 1 & 2.xlsx||11/13/19 08:22 AM|
|Data||Apalachicola RESTORE Monitoring Data.xlsx||12/05/18 11:45 AM|
|Data||ApalachicolaRESTOREMonitoringData_MASTER.xlsx||08/27/21 07:22 AM|
|Data||RESTORE_APA.xlsx||02/07/19 11:12 AM|
|GIS||GIS_DataToLoad.zip||02/07/19 11:12 AM|
|GIS||RESTORE Reef Area Round 1.zip||11/13/19 08:22 AM|
|GIS||RESTORE Reef Area Year 2 KML FIles.zip||08/26/21 07:55 AM|
|GIS||RESTORE Reef Area Year 2 Shapefiles.zip||08/26/21 07:55 AM|
|GIS||RESTORE Reefs.zip||12/05/18 11:45 AM|
|Logo||DEP_logo_2019.png||04/08/19 01:57 PM|
|Protocols||maps of locations.zip||02/07/19 11:12 AM|
|Protocols||Oyster-Habitat-Restoration-Monitoring-and-Assessment-Handbook.pdf||12/05/18 11:45 AM|
|Protocols||RESTORERound2Report_FINAL.pdf||06/01/20 10:24 AM|
|Protocols||RESTORERound3Report_Final.pdf||08/26/21 07:55 AM|