- 28 sites surveyed between November 2017 and January 2018 in the Marathon area (Tennessee Reef to Sombrero Reef). Protocols followed FRRP belt transects and roving diver assessments used following hurricane Irma.
- Belt Transects: Coral species (>4cm), Size (L, W, H), # Tissue isolates, Old mortality (% affected), Recent mortality (% affected), Disease (% affected), Bleaching status. Roving Diver Surveys: Species, # Diseased, # Not diseased, Recent mortality
- A sample date was not included with the data. Because sampling occurred Nov 2018 - Jan 2018, a Sample Date of 1/1/2018 was added to the final data in the SEACAR database.
- Belt Transects and Roving Diver Surveys
- Data Location
- Belt transects submitted through FRRP database (KB to confirm); Roving diver survey data with DEP.
- Data Format
- Coral/Coral Reef
- SEACAR Citation
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP); Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection (RCP); Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary; Nova Southeastern University (NSU). (2018). 2017 Coral Disease Boundary Survey. Updated 01/24/2022. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/5042
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Florida Keys NMS
|Coral/Coral Reef - Community Composition|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||Digital Disease Worksheet_Submitted.xlsx||01/31/19 09:57 AM|
|GIS||Dis Sites Submitted.xls||01/31/19 09:57 AM|
|GIS||Disease Map 051818.mpk||01/31/19 09:57 AM|
|Logo||DEP_logo_2019.png||04/08/19 01:57 PM|
|Protocols||Coral Disease Front DRM Protocol_112017.docx||01/30/19 04:47 PM|
|Protocols||DEP Disease Margin Report 2_FINAL_508-Compliant.pdf||01/30/19 04:47 PM|