- NE, NW, SE, SW
- GIS Data Layers made available by the GIS Librarian of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Florida Wildlife Research Institute on the Open Data Portal (geodata.myfwc.com). These are data layers that are not attributable to a specific FWC program other than the GIS Librarian. Data include: Seagrass - compilation of statewide seagrass data from various source agencies and scales ranging in date from 1987 to 2017; Coral - compilation of coral and other hard bottom type data available to FWRI as of July, 2013; Oyster - oyster coverage for available study areas and represents the data available to FWRI as of January, 2019; updated oyster data available November, 2020..
- Habitat (Seagrass, Coral, Oyster) area (polygon area in internal units squared); oyster habitat condition (live, dead, restored) - category only present if data were available in the original source.
- This is a composite layer made up of data from multiple programs. Some oyster mapping programs listed in the SEACAR DDI are integrated with this map, e.g., 4045, 973, 4023, 4015, 4025, 4014, but in cases where multiple programs mapped the same areas, only the most recent data were included. Related to the coral map: According to Luke McEachron (FWC): 4041 and 5059 share common sources, and you will notice some differences where they overlap. The Coral and Hard Bottom Habitats file contains additional, coarser, sources for regions beyond the extent of the URM (i.e., pulley ridge). I would default to the URM in most cases.
- Open Data Portal
- Data compilations from various sources, dates, and methods. In cases of overlapping maps, the newest data were used such that all polygons are the most current data available for the particular area being mapped.
- This is not intended to be a comprehensive survey - data gaps do exist.
- Data Location
- Data Format
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Oyster/Oyster Reef Coral/Coral Reef
- SEACAR Citation
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC); Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI). (2020). FWC-FWRI GIS Data Layers. Updated 05/16/2023. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/5059
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Alligator Harbor, Apalachicola Bay, Apalachicola NERR, Banana River, Big Bend Seagrasses, Biscayne Bay, Biscayne Bay-Cape Florida to Monroe County Line, Boca Ciega Bay, Cape Haze, Cape Romano-Ten Thousand Islands, Cockroach Bay, Coral ECA, Coupon Bight, Estero Bay, Florida Keys NMS, Fort Pickens, Gasparilla Sound-Charlotte Harbor, Guana River Marsh, Guana Tolomato Matanzas NERR, Indian River-Malabar to Vero Beach, Indian River-Vero Beach to Ft. Pierce, Jensen Beach to Jupiter Inlet, Lemon Bay, Lignumvitae Key, Loxahatchee River-Lake Worth Creek, Matlacha Pass, Mosquito Lagoon, Nassau River-St. Johns River Marshes, North Fork St. Lucie, Pellicer Creek, Pine Island Sound, Pinellas County, Rookery Bay, Rookery Bay NERR, St. Andrews, St. Joseph Bay, St. Joseph Buffer, St. Martins Marsh, Terra Ceia, Tomoka Marsh, Yellow River Marsh, Nature Coast
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Acreage|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Acreage|
|Coral/Coral Reef - Acreage|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||Oyster_Beds_in_Florida-shp (1).zip||02/01/21 06:01 PM|
|GIS||Coral_and_Hard_Bottom_Habitats_in_Florida.zip||04/30/19 07:05 AM|
|GIS||Oyster_Beds_in_Florida.zip||04/30/19 07:05 AM|
|GIS||Seagrass_habitat_in_Florida.zip||04/30/19 07:05 AM|
|Logo||FWC logo.png||04/30/19 07:05 AM|
|Protocols||Coral_and_Hard_Bottom_Habitats_in_Florida.xml||04/30/19 07:05 AM|
|Protocols||Oyster_Beds_in_Florida.xml||04/30/19 07:05 AM|
|Protocols||Oyster_Beds_in_Florida_metadata.pdf||02/01/21 06:01 PM|
|Protocols||Seagrass_habitat_in_Florida.xml||04/30/19 07:05 AM|