- Linda Fitzhugh from Gulf Coast State College (GCSC) and the St. Andrew Bay Resource Monitoring Association (SABRMA) and volunteers from the community monitored almost every fall in St. Andrew Bay behind Shell Island (SAB), West Bay Bowl (WB-BOWL) and West Bay Arm (WB-ARM) from 2000–2009.
- Percent cover by species seagrass and macroalgae (% presence/absence), density, chlorophyll a (µg/L), color, turbidity (NTU), total suspended solids, total nitrogen (µg/l), and total phosphorus (µg/l), pH, salinity (ppt), dissolved oxygen (mg/L), secchi depth (m), light attenuation (m^-1)
- To provide scientists, resource managers, legislators, and other stakeholders a summary of the status of seagrasses in St. Andrew Bay, Florida.
- Percent cover by species seagrass and DA (1m^2 quadrat), fixed transects; DO, pH, and salinity were measured using a YSI 600 QS or a Hydrolab Quanta following protocols described by Florida Lakewatch.
- Data Location
- Data Format
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation
- SEACAR Citation
- St. Andrew Bay Resource Management Association. (2007). St. Andrew Bay Aquatic Preserve Seagrass Monitoring. Updated 06/30/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/556
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Percent Cover|