- Seagrass ecology, water quality, water clarity. The program from 2009 - 2017 was managed by FWC. All data collection since 2018 is part of the Central Panhandle Aquatic Preserves Seagrass Monitoring (program 557).
- 2009-2017: Seagrass and macroalgal cover (by %), salinity (psu), water temperature (C), water depth (cm), transparency (secchi depth, cm), and pH, light attenuation, chlorophyll a, turbidity, total suspended solids, water color; Pre 2009: algae and seagrass species and abundance (Braun-Blanquet?), blade length (cm), epibiont coverage category and type, depth (m), other organisms observations, surface and bottom water dissolved oxygen (mg/L), salinity (ppt), temperature (C), pH, wind direction and speed, licor time and depth, turbidity (NTU), leaf weight (g), epibiont weight (g)
- Pre2009 data NOT USABLE: (1) No Lat/Long information included for sample sites, and (2) Data files in non-standardized formats.
- To provide scientists, resource managers, legislators, and other stakeholders a summary of the status of seagrasses in coastal waters of Franklin County, Florida.
- SAV percent coverage is evaluated at 10 randomly placed 0.25m2 quadrats, water quality assessed in the field and with water samples returned to the lab. SAV samples also returned to lab for leaf measurements, biomass assessment.
- No data between 2002 and 2006. Data since 2018 is part of Central Panhandle Aquatic Preserves Seagrass Monitoring (program 557).
- Data Location
- By request. Katie Konchar is contact 2009-2017. Jon Brucker is contact 2018-current.
- Data Format
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Water Column
- SEACAR Citation
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP); Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection (RCP); Central Panhandle Aquatic Preserves; Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). (2017). Franklin County Coastal Waters Seagrass Monitoring. Updated 06/30/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/558
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Alligator Harbor, Apalachicola NERR
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Percent Cover (by species)|
|Water Column - Water Quality|
|Water Column - Water Clarity|
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Additional Indicators|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||FWRI_FranklinCounty_2009_2017.xlsx||02/20/19 11:19 AM|
|Data||ID_0558_data.zip||07/17/18 03:30 PM|
|Logo||DEP_logo_2019.png||04/08/19 01:57 PM|
|Logo||FWC logo.png||07/15/21 01:06 PM|
|Protocols||FWRI_FranklinCounty_2009_2017_MetadataSheets.xlsx||02/20/19 11:19 AM|
|Report||simm3-franklincounty.pdf||02/20/19 11:19 AM|