- Seagrass ecology, bay scallops and urchin density, water quality
- Seagrass and macroalgal cover by species, presence, number, density of bay scallops and sea urchins, epiphyte density on seagrass blades, bottom sediment type, light attenuation, transparency (secchi depth), turbidity, color, total suspended solids, and chlorophyll a, depth, water temperature, salinity, pH, dissolved oxygen
- Per Laura Yarbro (25jan2021): The projects lost funding in 2019 and 2020. and are not expected to be re-activated.
- To provide scientists, resource managers, legislators, and other stakeholders a summary of the status of seagrasses in the northern Big Bend region of Florida.
- quadrats (10 x 0.25 m2) using a modification of the Braun- Blanquet technique (FWRI methods). Reported Seagrass and Macroalgal Cover Data are mean Braun Blanquet scores.
- number of sites monitored has ranged from 96 to more than 1,700, but since 2008, more than 1,200 quadrats (usually 10 quadrats per site). Per Laura Yarbro (25jan2021): The projects lost funding in 2019 and 2020. and are not expected to be re-activated.
- Data Location
- By Request
- Data Format
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation
- Recommended Citation
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC); Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI). (2018). Northern Big Bend Seagrass Monitoring. Updated 02/11/2021. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/559.
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Big Bend Seagrasses
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Percent Cover (by species)|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On|
|Data||ID_559_Copy of DEP 2019 Seagrass Data Request.xlsx||08/26/19 09:37 AM|
|Data||ID_559_DEP 2021 SEAGRASS DATA REQUEST.xlsx||02/11/21 06:17 AM|
|Logo||FWC logo.png||07/15/21 01:06 PM|
|Protocols||ID_559_DataDictionary.xlsx||12/27/19 12:00 AM|