- Seagrass habitat mapping within St. Joseph Sound and Clearwater Harbor, Tampa Bay, Sarasota Bay, Lemon Bay and Charlotte Harbor. Springs Coast included in 2012 and 2016.
- Acreage (acres)
- All Southwest Florida Water Management District Mapping Efforts are captured in ID975.
- To track trends in seagrass and to evaluate ongoing water quality improvement efforts.
- SWFWMD GIS data portal, reports, PowerPoint presentations, local news articles
- SAV habitat mapped based on photo-interpretation from 1:24,000 scale natural color aerial photography and classified using the southwest florida water management district modified florida land use cover and forms classification system.
- Data Location
- Data Format
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Oyster/Oyster Reef
- Recommended Citation
- Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD). (2018). Southwest Florida Water Management District SWIM Program Seagrass Mapping. Updated 12/06/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/566.
indicates priority attributes
District Lead Scientist, Southwest Florida Water Management District
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Acreage|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Acreage|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|GIS||Seagrass_in_2020.zip||06/10/21 10:32 AM|
|GIS||Seagrass_in_2022.zip||03/28/23 02:13 PM|
|Logo||swfwmd_logo.png||07/13/18 10:06 AM|
|Protocols||sarasota-bay.pdf||07/13/18 10:06 AM|
|Protocols||tampa-bay.pdf||07/13/18 10:06 AM|