- Seagrass habitat mapping within St. Joseph Sound and Clearwater Harbor, Tampa Bay, Sarasota Bay, Lemon Bay and Charlotte Harbor. Springs Coast included in 2012 and 2016.
- Acreage (acres)
- All Southwest Florida Water Management District Mapping Efforts are captured in ID975.
- To track trends in seagrass and to evaluate ongoing water quality improvement efforts.
- SWFWMD GIS data portal, reports, PowerPoint presentations, local news articles
- SAV habitat mapped based on photo-interpretation from 1:24,000 scale natural color aerial photography and classified using the southwest florida water management district modified florida land use cover and forms classification system.
- Data Location
- Data Format
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Oyster/Oyster Reef
- SEACAR Citation
- Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD). (2022). Southwest Florida Water Management District SWIM Program Seagrass Mapping. Updated 03/30/2023. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/566
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Big Bend Seagrasses, Boca Ciega Bay, Cape Haze, Cockroach Bay, Gasparilla Sound-Charlotte Harbor, Lemon Bay, Matlacha Pass, Pine Island Sound, Pinellas County, St. Martins Marsh, Terra Ceia, Nature Coast
|Submerged Aquatic Vegetation - Acreage|
|Oyster/Oyster Reef - Acreage|