- http://www.fws.gov/Refuges/NaturalResourcePC/IandM/ and https://southwestnwrsnatresources.wordpress.com/type/image/
- Surface elevation, sea level rise
- Marsh (salt and oligohaline) vertical surface sediment elevation (m), vertical sediment accretion, sediment characterization, porewater salinity (categories), dominant vegetation mean height (m), shrub mean height (m), herbaceous mean height (m), carpet mean height (m), percent cover by species
- It is USFWS protocol to collect data for 5 yrs, QA/QC then make it available to the public. Currently the only data available will be blurred lat/longs identifying general SET locations. https://data.doi.gov/dataset/southeast-coast-network-salt-marsh-elevation-monitoring-database-user-manual link only takes you to the database user manual - no data download. Data collection began in 2011 for Florida and 2014 for Texas. Vegetation protocols: http://cvs.bio.unc.edu/pubs/castanea63 ;262.pdf. Note that data load tables 620B and 620C contain species assemblages which to not match the individual species/genus or a land cover type that is used within SEACAR.
- advance understanding of the impacts of sea-level rise, altered hydrology and subsidence on coastal wetlands.
- Project documents are available in USFWS ServCat database: https://ecos.fws.gov/ServCat/Reference/Profile/103308 and https://ecos.fws.gov/ServCat/Reference/Profile/102904
- rod surface elevation table (RSET) benchmark surveyed using national geodetic survey (NGS) guidelines, felspar clay in 50 cm x 50 cm plots, sediment cores (mini Macailay corer), slipper tubes, vegetation sampling, National Vegetation Classification Standard.
- Vegetation sampling began in 2013 in FL, Data collection started in 2012 in FL and 2015 in TX. Data has not been collected in several years, but the programs plans to sample again when conditions are favorable. Vegetation data have not been collected at St. Marks NWR since 2018 as the program no longer has a botanist.
- Data Location
- http://gcplcc.databasin.org/datasets/6a71b8fb60224720b903c770b8a93929 (SETs locations) and https://catalog.data.gov/dataset/vegetation-plot-data-of-the-coastal-wetland-elevation-monitoring-sites-on-national-wildlif
- Data Format
shapefile (locations), CSV, XLS, PDF (maps)
NPS Southeast Coast Network Data Management System, Salt Marsh Elevation and Community Monitoring Database Module
- Coastal Wetlands
- Recommended Citation
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS); Southeast Regional Inventory and Monitoring Program. (2016). Inventory and Monitoring Network Status and Trends. Updated 06/30/2020. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://dev.seacar.waterinstitute.usf.edu/programs/details/620.
indicates priority attributes
Jena Moon (TX)
Water Resources Lead, Monitoring & Assessment Team Assignment: Water Resources
Export Standardized Data
|Habitat(s) : Indicator(s)||Last Updated||File Download|
|Coastal Wetlands : Species Compositon||Download File - Coastal Wetlands - 620.txt|
|DIP Document||N/A||Download File - DIP|
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Big Bend Seagrasses
|Coastal Wetlands - Species Compositon|
|Coastal Wetlands - Additional Indicators|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|GIS||Indicator_Spatial.zip||11/15/18 10:46 AM|
|Protocols||MoormanProtocolFrameworkV1.0_mcm-JME.pdf||01/25/21 09:50 AM|
|Protocols||SALCCrefuges_2016_CWEMVegetationMonitoring.pdf||11/15/18 10:46 AM|
|QA||Field_Descriptions_CWEMVeg_datasets.pdf||11/15/18 10:46 AM|
|Report||St. Marks_SET_Analysis.pdf||12/12/22 08:46 AM|