- Coral Reef Evaluation and Monitoring Project (CREMP) has been monitoring temperature along the Florida Reef Tract since 1996. Temperature loggers have been or are being deployed at every active CREMP site, and currently have 52 loggers recording water temperatures on sites ranging from just south of Biscayne National Park to the waters surrounding Dry Tortugas National Park.
- Water temperature (deg. C, deg. F)
- The unattended loggers were installed at all nine Value Added Sites in the CREMP Program (ID295).
- To document possible trends of changing water temperatures within the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.
- Record water temperatures using the HOBO Water Temp Pro v2 loggers (model U22-001; Onset Corporation). These loggers are set to record the temperature every hour, giving us a high resolution, continuous temperature record. Loggers are attached to the metal stakes drilled into the reef used in the CREMP coral surveys using zip ties.
- Data Location
- By request
- Data Format
FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI) coral database
- Water Column
- SEACAR Citation
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commision (FWC); Florida Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI). (2021). Water Temperature on Coral Reefs in the Florida Keys. Updated 09/20/2023. Distributed by: SEACAR Data Discovery Interface, Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection, Florida Department of Environmental Protection. https://data.florida-seacar.org/programs/details/986
- Alternative Citation
indicates priority attributes
Export Standardized Data
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection Managed Areas
Biscayne Bay-Cape Florida to Monroe County Line, Coral ECA, Florida Keys NMS
|Water Column - Water Quality|
Documentation and Data provided by program
|File Type||File Name||Added On||Details|
|Data||cremp.zip||11/29/21 11:10 AM|
|Data||CREMP_21.zip||09/01/22 01:16 PM|
|Data||CREMP_TEMP.zip||08/14/18 01:13 PM|
|Data||CREMP_Temperature_2022.csv||08/31/23 12:15 PM|
|Data||DTCREMP_Temperature_2022.csv||08/31/23 12:15 PM|
|Data||FLK_Temperature_2017-2019.txt||06/04/20 03:32 PM|
|Data||SECREMP_Temperature_2022.csv||08/31/23 12:15 PM|
|GIS||SiteInfo.xlsx||08/14/18 01:13 PM|
|Logo||FWC logo.png||07/15/21 01:06 PM|